Battery Kit Update.
This is just a small blog post to give you an update on the status of the Battery Kit manufacturing.
On day 1:
- We cut down to size the Copper Clad Boards.
- Applied the PCB design on the copper sheets.
- We started to etch the pcb (we need a bigger tank)
On day 2:
- Same as Day 1 but we started to apply tin plating to the first pcb boards that came out of the first stage.
Tomorrow is day 3 and we are going to focus on finishing and shipping the first orders base on the ready made PCBs.
- Final size and shape cut
- Drilling 1/4 holes (2 per pcb)
- Drilling the 20 holes for the rivets (20 per negative PCB)
- Drilling 5 holes for the PVC on each board
- Riveting (20 per negative side)
- Cutting the PVC panels and pre-drill the holes for the PCB
- Put everything on a box and get it ready to ship.
If this were done in China it will be much faster but the cost and price will go up so much that it wouldn't be worth it.
As we work on this each day some new challenges appears, but there's some satisfaction on knowing that once you guys get this on your hands you'll be able to make a Powerwall without any issues and faster than a Live Stream... :D
What we need from you? Advice is always welcome.
What we need to make this faster?
- More tools
- Bigger etching tank (I think we are building one out of acrylic sheets)
- Automated drilling (CNC comes to mind so lets see what happens)
Other than this you prayers will always be preferred.
God Bless you all and thanks for your trust and patience.